Residents line up early for free mask distribution Saturday
Cars lined up before 9 a.m. Saturday throughout the county to take advantage of a free mask distribution to Natchez and Adams County residents.
At Frazier school, where Adams County Supervisor Ricky Gray and Natchez alderman Billie Je Frazier were distributing the washable masks, more than 100 cars lined up along George F. West Boulevard before the distribution was to begin.
Because of the response, Gray and Frazier started distributing masks earlier and ran out of masks before the distribution was to have ended at noon.
In four other locations throughout the county, other supervisors and aldermen were helping to distribute masks. Most locations saw a steady stream of cars when the distribution started.
Masks were distributed at the following locations.
- The former K-Mart parking lot at 280 John R. Junkin Drive.
- The Duncan Park Canteen building.
- The Adams County Safe Room at 323 Liberty Road.
- Joseph L. Frazier Elementary School at 1445 George F. West Sr. Blvd.
- Foster Mound Volunteer Fire Department at 228 Foster Mound Road.
FERRIDAY —The Delta Charter School football stands were filled with parents and grandparents Friday night as 41 Delta Charter graduates... read more